Rocks, Rocks and more Rocks. If your children are anything like my own, then they’ll be avid rock collectors! We could be at the beach, park or simply pass a gravel drive way and almost instinctively, they’re pocketing a rock or two (or three). So if you have a hoard of rocks and don’t know what to do with them, then I have a collection of 26 Creative Rock Crafts for your kids to work through.
And if you don’t already have a stash, then you better pop out with the kids and start collecting, as I’m sure they’ll be something here that you’ll be itching to try out!
Shall we take a look?
26 Creative Rock Crafts for Kids
- Like many, I have a little soft for vintage VW designs and I couldn’t resist including this gorgeous VW Camper Painted Rock by Atta Girl Says.
- This beautifully painted Garden Rock collection by The Craft Train come complete with the most adorable felt bag. For me it was LOVE at first sight!
- These cute little Rock Bees by Easy Peasy & Fun are perfect for young children.
- Add a spot of colour to your fridge with these unique and colourful Rock Magnets by Alisa Burke.
- Create Rock Owls with Frugal Fun for Boys.
- This funky looking Rock Snake by I Heart Crafty Things is one of my all time favourite rock crafts. Great for play. Great for inspiring creativity.
- These gorgeous Mandala Rocks have been created by the very talented Color Made Happy.
- Add a little paint and you have DIY Rock Dominoes – by The House that Lars Built
- These Rock Photo Holders by Buggy and Buddy are gorgeous and so easy to make!
- Super Cute Pebble Footprints by My Modern Met.
- Mix and Match Rock People by My Clever Monkey – These rocks are fun to make and perfect to play with.
- This DIY Rock Campfire by Rodrigo Macias would be a perfect addition to some imaginary play.
- How adorable is this Strawberry Rock Ring from Red Ted Art? A great little craft for tweens!
- And from tweens to little ones, these Sticker Rocks by Fireflies and Mudpies are super simple and ideal as DIY story stones.
- Puffy paint is fun as it is, add rocks and something amazing happens… take a look at these Puffy Painted Rocks by Babble Dabble Do.
- These colourful rainbow painted Rock Ladybugs by Crafts by Amanda are painted to perfection, using a simple technique you will love!
- Create Pet Rock Cacti with The Best Ideas for Kids – A great alternative (and more fun) to the prickly version.
- Make textured Rock Fish to add to your very own rock pool. A beautiful and inspired idea from Make it Your Own.
- Explore colour combinations with these Kandinsky Inspired Rocks.
- This post doesn’t really fit into the ‘craft’ category, but I had to include this Balancing Rock Activity from Rhythms of Play into our collection. Besides, the kids could always paint the rocks…
- These Minion Rocks from Non-Toy-Gifts are just fun – I love all the individual expressions!
- Create Crazy Haired Rock Pets by The Craft Train
- Or a cute little Rock Mouse from I Heart Crafty Things.
- These Rock Fish Puzzles are great fun for kids to make and play with.
- And older children may want to try their hand at this gorgeous Rock Flamingo Puzzle by Hello Wonderful!
- And finally, these Pet Rock Snails by the Kids Craft Room have been painted using the best technique, can you guess?
And that concludes our collection of 26 Creative Rock Crafts for Kids
I hope you’ve enjoyed all of the rock crafts featured within this post. If you’re looking for more nature inspired crafts to try with the kids, take a look at our favourite Nature Art Projects and Nature Crafts for Kids.
Pin for Later!