Unicorn fever has arrived at Arty Crafty Kids and I’m pleased to present our latest offering – Over the Rainbow Paper Plate Unicorn Puppets – to our growing collection of Unicorn crafts. This is a fabulous create and play craft, where kids can colour and cut our free unicorn download to create puppets. Combined with a paper plate rainbow, kids will adore their jumping, sliding and dancing Unicorns.
Over the Rainbow Paper Plate Unicorn Puppets: Supplies and Tutorial
This post contains affiliate links to products used within this craft.
To see the craft in action, check out our nifty little craft video and subscribe to our brand new YouTube channel for more crafts!
- Print, colour and cut out the free Unicorn download and attach to a blunt chop stick or stick using masking tape. Masking tape is a great material for kids to use as it can be easily torn without the use of scissors. It’s particularly good for junk modelling!
2. Divide the paper plate into an arched rainbow and blue sky.
3. Use washable acrylic paints for the rainbow and apply the metallic blue paint with a sponge. I think it’s always a good idea to use a foam brush for large areas of paper plates. It prevents the paper plate from getting too soggy and provides an even coverage.
4. Using the remaining paper/card stock from the download, draw a pair of clouds and cover with glitter. Unicorn and glitter are a good combination, but if it’s not your thing (as I know that not everyone loves glitter) then leave it out.
5. Add the clouds to the paper plate sky and score along the arch of the rainbow to create an opening for the unicorn puppets.
The Over the Rainbow Paper Plate Unicorn Puppets are now finished!
I hope your children enjoy our latest create and plate craft, and if you’re looking for more Unicorn inspiration then i’m sure you will also love our Newspaper Mixed Media Unicorn – a great craft for young children!
Pin for Later!