Did you know that watercolor paints can be painted, sprayed, dripped and combined with soap to create amazing rainbow colored art?
They can also be used on plastic as well as paper. Scribbled over and melted.
This awesome collection of 22 Creative Watercolor Art Projects for kids is all about showcasing the best of the best watercolor techniques for kids. They’re simple, creative and super duper fun!
Watercolors are a fabulous medium for kids to explore and I hope this round-up inspires you to try something a little different with the kiddos.
Shall we take a look?
Watercolor Art Projects for Kids
Click on the links to see the full instructions for each watercolor art process.
1. Our collection begins with a gorgeous layered watercolor paper plate flower.
2. Transform watercolour splodges into beautiful doodled flowers.
3. Have you ever just scrunched your art up? this crumbled paper art process is a fun and an ‘out-side the box’ idea that kids will LOVE!
4. Explore bleeding tissue to create a stunning bird canvas.
5. Create a beautiful heart painting using the hot glue resist technique.
6. Get creative with color to create crazy watercolor paintings.
7. Explore great artists with a Kandinsky inspired watercolor circle art.
8. Create a beautiful spiders web with the oil pastel resist technique.
9. Check out the beautiful results of the watercolor and cling film process.
10. Younger children will love making a watercolor puffy heart!
11. I adore these inspired watercolor life sized self-portraits – a great art project for a group of kids.
12. Using ingredients you’re likely to already have stashed away at home, why not try raised salt painting?
13. Have a play with painting on plastic, hold it up and see what happens…
14. Explore lines with our watercolor and yarn painting.
15. Create beautiful flowers with coffee filters.
16. Combine watercolors with a tie-dye technique to make DIY wrapping paper.
17. Make a beautiful bouquet of roses with tissue paper and watercolors.
18. Add watercolors to pinwheels to create some gorgeous decor.
19. “Singing in the rain” with liquid watercolors – love these prompts!
20. Try wet on wet watercolor art to create some interesting textures and color blends.
21. Our penultimate process melts watercolor crayons to create an amazing sea of color.
22. And last but not least, calming watercolor art is fabulous for quieter moments.
Now that you have seen all 22 Creative Watercolor Art Projects for Kids, do you have a favourite?
Or maybe you have an idea that should be included?
Pin for later!